There are no items in your cart.
Can't seem to shake off those last few pounds? Knocked down by seasonal allergies? Looking for an all-natural nausea remedy? No matter what's bothering you, Eat for Extraordinary Health & Healing is your go-to guide for everything you wanted to know about the healing power of food. The editors of Rodale Books–America's premier source of health information–have culled the best information from hundreds of studies from institutions all over the globe to show how components of healthy foods can treat disease and unlock healing. As an added bonus, throughout the book you'll find interviews with the nutrition experts from Men's Health, Women's Health, Prevention, and Runner's World magazines. Look inside to find cutting-edge research and healing remedies such as:
- Spritzing peppermint oil on insect bites to relieve swelling and redness (page 354)
- Drinking sage tea to prevent excessive sweating (page 341)
- Eating one Hass avocado a day to improve cholesterol levels (page 335)
- Eating probiotic-rich foods like yogurt and pumpkin seeds to relieve eczema symptoms (page 261)
- Applying garlic to warts to speed the healing process (page 448)
- Eating a variety of cocoa and chocolate to reduce insulin levels in people with type 2 diabetes (page 239)
- Drinking citrus fruit juice to ease kidney stone pain (page 364)
- Spicing up meals with hot peppers to lose weight (page 400)
- Eating mushrooms, garlic, and onions to prevent thyroid disease (page 430)
- Taking argan oil for smoother skin and fewer wrinkles (page 456)
With clear, concise chapters, advice from the leading health brands you know you can trust, and hundreds of medical studies, Eat for Extraordinary Health & Healing takes the worry and guesswork out of taking care of yourself. Extraordinary relief is right in your kitchen!