There are no items in your cart.
Bicycling Magazine's New Cyclist Handbook
Proven wisdom and techniques to help new cyclists get on the road to better fitness and safe, skilled riding. Now completely revised and updated with the latest advances in the sport, this comprehensive handbook will help any new cyclist ride with confidence and avoid common pitfalls. Learn how to choose the right bike, ride safely in traffic, treat and prevent injuries, train for a century, and perform basic maintenance. Packed with quick tips from the pros at Bicycling magazine, this volume provides everything the new cyclist needs to achieve optimum cycling performance.
Discover how to:
- Choose the right bike.
- Ride safely with traffic.
- Prevent and treat ailments like saddle sores and stiff knees.
- Avoid the most common mistakes of new cyclists.
- Fit riding into the busiest of schedules.
- Train for a century.
- Fix flats and perform basic maintenance.
- Become a better cyclist — in one afternoon.
Ben Hewitt, a former Vermont state mountain-bike champion, has been active in racing and training for more than 20 years. He writes about sports and the outdoors for a variety of publications, including: Bicycling, Men's Journal, Mountain Bike, Outside, and Skiing.